Saturday, May 1, 2010

TOO MANY POSTERS



Campaign posters are everywhere! I see them on walls, posts, tree trunks and flat vertical surfaces. Campaigns go for the overkill. Image overkill! And the repetitive images and faces and names are way too much. To be ubiquitous is deemed an effective campaign strategy. But dozens of the same person's face plastered on just one big wall is just too assaulting and even desperate.

Would I forget a candidate if I see only about five of his smiling face on every wall in the city? Is power of recall truly insured when the same politician's face is multiplied innumerably in every legal campaign space available? I don't think so. Personally, I don't need to see the same politician's face a hundred or even a thousand times so that I can surely remember him/her. Remembering the candidates is actually different from voting for the candidates.

Political campaigns here in our country is dirty figuratively and literally. After the elections all campaign posters turn into litter.

Just way too much garbage! Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment